Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Power tools, cornhole, and the Vols

When I went home for my reunion, I stayed with my parents, and I recruited my Dad and his large collection of power tools to help me build a birthday present that Weston has asked for years to have.  Oh yeah, that's right.  A Tennessee cornhole set was constructed that weekend.  I'll wait for the final pictures after we give it to him in a few weeks.


A big thank you to my dad for helping me make the boards.  I love having a dad who is great at fixing and building things.  When he's with his tools or working with his hands, he's in his element.  And the engineer in me enjoyed working with power tools too!  Hargh, hargh, hargh, hargh.


 Ahem, excuse me.  Anyways, this is my unfinished board after sanding.
 

And a big thank you to my Mom for helping as well!  She helped search for the right paint colors, and it was a search let me tell you.  I mean, we had to get the right Tennessee Orange.  It would be an absolute disaster if it turned out a Texas or Auburn Orange. wink. wink.  And she's making the other important part to the boards: our cornhole bags!  Mom is amazing at sewing, quilting, cross-stitching, etc.  So I have no doubt the bags will turn out great.

Well, like I said, the finished product will be revealed in a couple weeks just in time for the start of football season.  Go Big Orange!


1 comment:

  1. This really brings back memories. :D You were lucky enough to have both of your parents helping you out with this project. Making the board isn’t that difficult, as there are fixed dimensions that you can follow. The real challenge here is to make those dimensions consistently. Handling the power tools effectively is important to achieve this. Thanks for sharing!

    Alphonse Daigle

    ReplyDelete