Tuesday, December 17, 2013

7 months

I'm in the midst of all the last minute details before we leave for Tennessee for Christmas.  The cards were sent out today.  Christmas sugar cookies will be baked tonight.  And it seems as though I am nearing the end of my shopping for gifts.  But before I run out of time, I wanted to post pictures of Hannah from her 7 month birthday she had last weekend.


I decided that I'm ready for her to stop growing and stay my baby.  She's changing literally by the day.  Her giggles are much more frequent, and it's really fun to get her to laugh.  She loves the "itsy bitsy spider".  Her favorite part is the spider climbing.  For a long time, she would get a serious concerned face during the "out came the sun and dried up all the rain" part, and then break back into a huge grin when the spider was able to get back up that water spout.



Hannah is sitting on her own wonderfully when she wants to be sitting up.  Usually something has to captivate her interest.  Otherwise, she'll throw herself back and roll around.  She's not crawling yet, but I know it won't be long.


 Hannah's babbles are starting to get better.  Occasionally we start to hear more consonants.  Weston watched her for me while I went to the grocery a couple weeks ago.  When I came home, he told me he didn't really want to tell me, but that he had heard her say "mama" clear as day twice in her string of babbles.  I told him to not fear that it doesn't count as her first word unless there is meaning or intent behind it and not in a stream of babbles.  He desperately wants "dada" as her first word.


No teeth have popped yet, but I may have seen a little more white on one of her lowers underneath her gums today.  She always sticks out her tongue.  So I can never get a really good look.  She has had some moodiness and other teething symptoms during the day and some restlessness during the night.


That's all for my 7 month old baby.  It's going to be a wonderful first Christmas with her this year.  Blessings to y'all this Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment