Tuesday, November 19, 2013

6 Months

My baby girl turned 6 months last Thursday.  I can't believe how a half of a year has passed.  But then I think back to the first months of bringing her home and those sleepless nights and feeding struggles and reflux, and I am so thankful how much better we're ALL doing 6 months later.



Hannah has been so much fun lately!  She is a slobbery mess with drool hanging out of her mouth nearly all day long.  She can soak a bib in a matter of minutes.  I'm still waiting for some pearly whites to emerge, but in the meantime, she chews and has her mouth on everything.  She wants to grab and hold anything in sight to observe it, and she can roll around like no one's business.  She will get on her tummy and curl those legs up under her like she wants to go, go, go.  And she's the type of baby, when she finally can go, she will be everywhere and into everything.  I'm just preparing myself for the race.


To give you an example of how quick she is, while staying in a hotel, I laid her down on a quilt I had packed in front of the bathroom door.  I set out a couple of toys for her, and I went to brush my teeth.  I turn around a minute later and found that she had rolled towards the complimentary newspaper that had been slipped under the hotel door by the staff.  Of course the newspaper went directly into her mouth, and she had newspaper ink all over her drooly face!  It was too funny!


Hannah had her 6 month appointment on Friday afternoon.  She was 14 lb 11 oz (10th-25th percentile) and 25 inches (10th-25th percentile).  Her head circumference was 16.25" which I think was 10th percentile.  So she is growing like she should, just on the smaller side for her age.



She started eating solids about a week or two before she turned 6 months.  She is getting really good at opening her mouth wide for the spoon, and now most of the food actually makes it in her mouth!  We've switched from rice to oatmeal cereal to help keep her regular.  So far she has tried carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, pears, bananas, and prunes.  She loves her oatmeal cereal, and she likes everything she's tried excluding the green beans and prunes.  But who can really blame her?  I can't imagine tasting food for the first time and enjoying the smell and taste of green beans and prunes.


Well that about sums up Hannah at 6 months.  Probably sounds like every other 6 month old, but to me I love documenting what she's doing these days.  She is such a joy to have as a baby.

2 comments:

  1. Happy 1/2 birthday Hannah! that must be so fun that she rolls around to get somewhere! R just would roll back and forth... never TO somewhere! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny K! I love the instagram video of him crawling! Such a big boy these days. :)

    ReplyDelete