Saturday, April 5, 2014

Grayton Beach Trip

I mentioned in my previous post that we spent a wonderful week with my family at the beach on 30A to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday!  I'm back here to post a few (a ton) pictures from our fantastic time spent together.  A special thanks to my parents for hosting the trip and booking a gorgeous beach house that all 13 of us fit in very comfortably.  All the adults were able to sit at the same table for meals which is something we usually don't have the opportunity to do.  Each family had their own room and attached bathroom.  The older grandkids had a bunk room, and they loved the elevator that took you on all four of the levels.  My nephew, Matthew, worked as a bell hop on the elevator and earned himself some tips.  The views from all the balconies were pretty incredible too.



My mom had these adorable gifts set out when the grandchildren arrived at the house.  My oldest niece, Ashley, loves puzzles.  So the flip flop puzzle and flip flops were in her pail.  Matthew had some snacks and water toys.  Katie also had snacks, a water toy, and a sandcastle maker.  The littles, Caroline and Hannah, each had beach balls, water toys, and the book Where is Baby's Beach Ball that unfortunately didn't arrive in time, but it will be enjoyed being read this summer.  My mom is always so thoughtful and does special little things like this for her grandchildren.


Hannah loved exploring the big space and climbing stairs was a new experience.  Luckily my parents brought a baby gate!


This trip was so great for Hannah to be around extended family and get comfortable around a big group.  She is obviously really comfortable around us and my parents, but she was still unsure with going to her aunts and uncles at first.  She loves bigger children and did great with her older cousins immediately0.  The picture below with Matthew was within minutes of seeing him for the first time.  She made the most stride about being around her little cousin Caroline.  Caroline would get so excited to see Hannah and make loud baby noises that would send Hannah into wails.  I was a little worried it would be like that for the week, but in less than a day, she was acclimated and happy on the floor with Caroline.




We had a ham dinner on Sunday night to celebrate my mother's milestone birthday.  Happy Birthday Mom!  You are such an incredible mother and grandma.  You are always available whenever I need you and love us all unconditionally.  You have been there physically and spiritually in good times and bad.  You bind our family together with such a strength through your love and care.  Thank you!


Both babies enjoyed the beach!  Our house was the one to the left of my head.



We had a fantastic dinner in Seaside on Monday night.  We even had our own private room which was really nice.




The kids, young and old, had fun with the mentos and soda experiment.



We had the cutest spectators for the show9------------+ .


Fun was had with Grandma's party decorations.


 Hannah practiced her walking.


And this princess visited the Disney outlet.


Hannah had her first of many future hairstylings by her older cousin.  Imagine the possibilities when her hair comes.



Some of us had good naps and snuggles on the beach.


We had some windy days towards the end of the week that made it great for kite flying.


And everyone seemed to make it to the ice cream shop multiple times during the week, but somehow Weston and I missed these trips.


Don't worry.  Somehow I didn't starve...


My brother, Joe, is a talented photographer.  He was kind enough to take some family pictures for us on the beach that I will share when he is finished editing them.  This is just one I took with my camera while we were down there.


 I love these people.



Thank you Mom and Dad for such a fantastic week!  Happy Birthday, Mom!  I love you so much!

1 comment:

  1. HI! I found your blog from Elizabeth Snodgrass's blog...we went to high school together. I would love to know the name of the house that your family stayed in. We are always looking for a great spot for my entire family. Did it have a pool? you can email me at eleanor.oser@gmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete