Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Locks of Love

I love to grow my hair long, chop it off, donate to Locks of Love, and rinse and repeat. I'm sure most people or familiar with Lock of Love, a non-profit that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children with a medical condition that has caused hair loss.  I recently did this again and donated my hair to this worthy organization for my third time.  My hair grows relatively fast, and I never get nervous about dramatic haircuts.  This probably wasn't my longest donation.  It has to be at least 10 inches to donate, and this cut was exactly 10 inches.

Please ignore my bed head, unstyled look for the "before" picture my mom took for me on the way out the door.  


Tara worked her magic as always, and here is what it looks like now.  I love how easy it is to dry now and style.


While I don't get attached to my long hair, I can't imagine how difficult it is to lose your hair completely especially as a child.  It is so simple to donate, and you can donate even if your hair is highlighted (as long as it's not overbleached).  And even layered hair is accepted if the longest layer is 10 inches.  Check out their website for more information on how to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment