Monday, December 17, 2012

Decking our Halls

Christmas is almost upon us.  Three candles were lit on our advent wreath at dinner tonight, and I can't wait to celebrate the birth of our Savior with our family and friends.  By far one of my favorite moments every year is attending Christmas Eve mass huddled in a pew with my entire family and singing "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" in Latin.  It is so moving deep in my soul.


Our nativity set that was Weston's Granny's set.




And here is my year-round ruffle wreath, it was inspired by the wreath made on the Dear Lillie blog.  I only wish I had chosen a stiffer fabric for the wreath.  I used a cotton blend that was on sale when I made it several months ago for fall.  Now my ruffles aren't quite as perky as when I first made it.


The little evergreen detail is just attached to an alligator clip.  So once Christmas is over, I can just unclip the Christmas decor and put up something for Valentine's day.


And for fall...



 Happy Monday!  Off to finish my Christmas shopping, and then we're headed to the historic Alabama theatre to see a showing of Christmas Vacation tonight with friends.


1 comment:


  1. Great Blog!! That was amazing. your blog is really eye catching and beautiful. thanks for sharing...Body scrub davie

    ReplyDelete