Thursday, January 31, 2013

Baby Girl has a Name!

Hi again!  Yes, it's been four weeks since my last baby bump pictures.  So it's time for some updating.  It's amazing how much baby girl and I both are growing in these last four weeks.


We are feeling her kick more and more each week.  I love laying in bed at night and just feeling her move.


And her name is....


Miss Hannah Hart Hobgood!  She'll go by "Hannah".  There is just no other name more perfect for our little girl.  I tried to come up with others because I was concerned about all the H's.  I mean a southern girl has to think about the monogram, but I love her name and even the HHH monogram.  And Weston has loved her name from day one.  So we have a winner!  We chose Hannah after Hannah in the bible who prayed to God for a baby that she would raise as a child of God, and He blessed her with Samuel.  Hannah means "grace", and it was definitely through God's grace to have our daughter.

Hart is a family name.  It was my maternal grandma's maiden name.  She is no longer living, but she continues to be a huge influence on my life.  She was so kind and loving.  She never judged nor said a harsh word about anyone.  She was just so classy and beautiful.  My first name "Mary" was named after her as well.  So it is so special to have such a wonderful woman I can tell my daughter she was named after.


Well we're now all caught up on the bump pictures.  Can't wait to post on our new guest room and the dresser off craigslist that we converted into a dresser/changing table for Hannah.

2 comments:

  1. Your chalkboard drawings are the CUTEST! And I love the pretty name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you E! We love her name too! As for the chalkboard drawings, my artistic abilities are lacking, but thank you!

    ReplyDelete