Monday, January 7, 2013

It's A .....

GIRL!!!


We are over the moon to find out we're having a baby girl.  Weston and I have thought it was a girl from the moment we found out we were expecting.  Even though I thought it might be a girl, I can't believe she actually is a girl!!  I'm from a family of boys.  When I say family of boys, I was the 8th grandchild on my Dad's side of the family and the first granddaughter.  The odds aren't much better on my Mom's side with 7 boys and 3 girls.  So to know I'm going to have a little girl makes me so excited!  I still have trouble falling asleep at night I'm so excited.

After our appointment last Thursday, we skyped and shared the news with the grands, aunts, and uncles.  We kept it a secret from everyone else and threw a gender reveal party on Saturday with our friends here in Birmingham.


We decorated up the house for the reveal.



Pink and blue punch to sip with pink and blue straws.


Our cake with pink or blue icing in the center to reveal the gender.


The voting ballot chalkboard that was split pretty evenly.


Our best friends, Jenny and Jakob, drove down to celebrate with us.

  

Weston got some snuggles in with a sleepy Liam.  He is going to be such a great daddy!!


Our Team Blue!


 Our Team Pink!!


Once everyone got there we went ahead and cut the cake.  I'm going to try and attach a quick video Jenny took on her phone of us cutting the cake.  We can't stop laughing at it.  As soon as everyone saw pink, I just let go and started jumping up and down leaving Weston to fumble the cake on the plate.  It's a good thing I wasn't the one with the knife!




Asher with his slice of pink cake and pink punch.


Jenny's mom crochets these beautiful baby blankets.  She had made a pink and a blue one that Jenny brought down to give to us after our reveal.  I love the beautiful pink blanket!

Thank you friends for celebrating with us.  Thank you family for all your love and excitement for our baby girl.  Thank you long distance friends who celebrated with us from afar.  This sweet baby is so loved, and I am so honored to be her Mommy.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun party!!! Love all the pictures and Jenny looks VERY DAPPER with her mustachio!
    Counting the days with her parents and other grandparents...till we can hold that sweet angel in our arms!!!
    We can't believe its a girl either! Boys run on the Hobgood/Hood side of the family too!
    Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
    We all are so very blessed.

    ReplyDelete