Thursday, April 25, 2013

Shabby Chic Nursery Curtains

Baby girl's room is practically finished, and I can't wait to do a post on the entire room.  But I think a few of the items still deserve their own post and shining moment.  The next item up is her shabby chic curtains!  I ordered extra fabric for the curtains when I ordered the floral fitted sheets for her crib.

 
I love how soft and sweet they look.  They help make her room feel very girly next to her gray walls without overpowering a room with a ton of pink.  Well, I guess to some this may still be a lot of pink, but for me, it's a restrained amount.  With my mom's help, we sewed two flat panel curtains and lined it with a white fabric to help darken the room for nap time.  I love sewing flat panel curtains and using clip rings.  It makes it really easy, and I love the simple look.


My mom suggested adding ribbon tabs rather than using the clips, but I thought of a way to combine the look of both.  The pink ribbon bows are the shabby, and the shiny curtain rings are the chic.  And I spent forever finding the perfect curtain rod which ended up coming from Home Depot.


So I found the curtain rings marked 80% off at Bed, Bath, and Beyond because it came in the old packaging that had been discontinued.  I saw the exact same rings marked full price in the new packaging one rack over.  I needed two packs of rings which ended up costing me $4 rather than $20!  I then tied the bows before attaching them to the clips and heat sealed the edges by running them across my lighter.  I just used a dab of hot glue to attach them to the clips, and I was finished!


Shabby chic curtains complete!








5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I love this fabric and am looking for some exactly like it. I am due with a baby girl in October:). Can you please email me where you found it? I would be very appreciative. My email is p.krystal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Can you please tell me the name of your floral fabric? Is it Shabby Chic chenille from Carousel? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the fabric from the shabby chic collection from Carousel, Denise! Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a great blog, i really enjoyed reading this, good luck in your work. Nursery curtains

    ReplyDelete