Friday, April 12, 2013

Franklin Baby Shower

Over Easter weekend, my best friend, Jenny, with the help of her mom and our friend, Jen, put together a fabulous baby shower for Hannah and I.  No detail was left untouched.  Jenny rented out the loft space of the Henpeck Market.  This charming little market used to be a gas station/market which has now been converted into a restaurant and shop.  It is right next door to the elementary school I attended and met my sweet friend, Jenny.  Twenty years later we're having baby showers.  I'm still wrapping my head around it.


My mom and I before the shower.



The best hostesses, Jen and Jenny


The food was so delicious!  And the dessert table was decorated so cute.


And I loved the flower centerpieces.  They reminded me of my wedding flowers.  Jen and Jenny put together the arrangements themselves!  So amazing!


My mother in law had thyroid surgery 10 days prior to the shower, and we weren't sure after the surgery became more complicated than anticipated if she could even come.  Thankfully, she turned around for the better a couple days before the shower.  It wouldn't have been the same without her.


My Aunt Marsha and sister-in-law, Lindsey, were able to come too.  So we snapped a picture of the Griffey women.  I meant to also get a picture with my future sister-in-law, Jade, who was on spring break from grad school at UT and came too!


And one of my college roomies, Andrea, was there, and she's expecting a baby in August.  She found out she's having a girl two days after our shower!

  

I still can't believe all of the love that was in that room.  I am so blessed.  Everyone was so extremely generous, and Hannah now has an incredible wardrobe.  Little girl clothes are so much fun!

Weston's cousin made this diaper owl for us.  She is so creative!

  

And the little boxes on the table were party favors made by Jenny's mom.  Each box had a tiny candle and a poem that said:

Here is a candle for you to light
once the stork has made his flight.
 With the flicker of the flame,
Say a prayer in Hannah's name.

Isn't that so sweet?  I just loved everything about the shower, and I can't believe it was all for our little family. I am so blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment