Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Waiting for my Mini Watermelon

Well I am long overdue to post pictures of the baby belly.  I guess I left off right at the end of my second trimester.  Well the third trimester has been going great.  Hannah continues to grow, and we even got an ultrasound a couple weeks ago.  More on that awesome experience later.


I will be 34 weeks Thursday, and we are getting so excited to have her here to hold and love.  Although lately, it makes me sad to think I can't keep her safe in my womb forever.  I'll miss feeling her movements and knowing she's safe and sound.  But I know having her here will be even better.





I'm still feeling good and trying to stay active.  Although, I'm realizing I can't do as much as I once could with the ever growing produce in my belly.  We've been cleaning out cabinets, closets, bathrooms, and the kitchen pantry to make room for baby things.  It's a good distraction with me not working right now, and I absolutely love getting rid of things and decluttering.


At my 32 week appointment, my doctor gave us our last ultrasound.  Hannah was looking healthy and right on size with all her measurements being close to the 50th percentile.  Although, there was one measurement that is measuring 2 weeks ahead and 90th percentile, and that is her head size!  Which to me makes me wonder what size of head I'll be dealing with at 40 weeks!  Yikes!  I really shouldn't be surprised that her head was measuring large.  I come from a long line of large noggin' babies.  Thank you Griffey genes.  But I guess it just means that she'll be super smart with so much room for her brain to grow.  :)


The best surprise from my ultrasound appointment was that they switched it to 4d so we could actually see our baby!  I had no idea that we would get this, and to top it off, our ultrasound tech was so sweet and really let us enjoy seeing our baby.  Now before I got this ultrasound, my thoughts were that all babies look alike in this 4d ultrasound.  Now I think that I have the cutest baby ever to have a 4d ultrasound.  :)

Isn't she lovely?  And the news I am really excited about is that Hannah has hair seen floating in the amniotic fluid in the ultrasound.  Her head is to the right of the picture, and the white spikes are her hair.  I am shocked to think that most likely she will come out with some hair.  I was a bald baby, but Weston had some blonde hair as a newborn.


And one last baby belly shot from last week.


That's all for now!  Hannah's nursery is almost finished.  Can't wait to share with you some of the updates to her room this week!!

3 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're beautiful and itsy bitsy!!!! How neat that you were able to see Baby Hannah in 4D!!!! I know you are excited to meet her:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh I don't know about that, but thank you both! And yes we're very excited like I'm sure you are with your THREE! You look fantastic as well, and you have three!! You amaze me. Praying you make it to your goal for delivery.

    ReplyDelete